Sunday, October 11, 2015

Smoking hot Rogier "Moore" Warnawa


We can’t help but liken Men Universe Model 2015 Rogier Warnawa, who is Dutch to the famous James Bond actor of the 70’s and 80’s Roger Moore, who is British. Being a namesake of the actor immediately invites comparison. Although their fame belongs to different eras, we decided to put the two photos above side by side to discover similarities between the two and oddly the resemblance between them only magnified. 

There is so much hotness in the intensity of their stares, the upswept waxed-combed hair and their artistic use of that potent and often dangerous mix of smoke and alcohol. It is wise to remember though, that those trappings are not there to encourage others to drink and smoke. They are mere props to exude and evoke subliminal messages of virility and sophistication. It’s up to us to read into them. Here, they are furtively saying: “We are piping-hot as cigar and bitingly strong as liquor.” 



Having extolled the magnetism of the two, let’s try to discover more of the man whose name is spelled uniquely with an “I” i.e. Rogier.  He will be 25 years old this month, born October 22, 1990 from Eindhoven, Netherlands. Happy Birthday Rogier, in advance. He speaks English, German and of course, Dutch which is said to be roughly in between and close relative of both English and German.


Warnawa won earlier in the Dutch preliminaries in May as the representative from Eindhoven; he competed against 21 other candidates for the title of Men Universe Model Netherlands 2015. He was crowned as Men Universe Model 2015, representing the Netherlands in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic on June 20, 2015. He overcame 34 other contestants from the rest of the world to win the title at the 8th annual event. Men Universe Model, originally called "Mister Universe Model," is the fourth largest and fourth most prestigious pageant for men in the world after the Manhunt International, Mister World, and Mister International.

He is a student of International Business and Management Studies at Fontys Hogescholen and also a graduate student intern at Bosch Security Systems in Eindhoven, Netherlands. In earlier interviews in his native Netherlands, he said: "To prepare me for the competition, I make sure I stay in good shape through training and nutrition. At the same time I have yet to finish my thesis and prepare for my exams.”


Asked why he chose to study International Business & Management, “The main reason I have chosen this course is because of the international aspect, the idea is sooner or later a time to go abroad to live and work there. Currently I am in my last academic year, and I am doing my internship, so with a little luck I can still graduate before the summer holidays."

After winning, he wrote on his Facebook page:  "I want to thank everyone who has supported me. Without your support I could not have been successful. Now, first have a drink, cheers!" Come to think of it, is he really a drinker and to what extent?


He lists his hobbies as sports, music, moonlighting as a deejay and investing. "Yes, I practice several sports: fitness and martial arts. These consist of MMA (Mixed Martial Arts), kickboxing and boxing. I started at age 4 with Judo until I was 18 when I figured in a motocross accident. After lengthy rehabilitation, I decided it was time for new challenges. This was when I got into MMA and scouted in order to take part in the Men Universe Model 2015. "

What does 'Think Bigger' mean for you personally? "Think Bigger means to me that you have to challenge yourself by setting goals, that you set the bar higher each time and then do everything to achieve your aim.”


What would we ask if we can get a chance to interview him ourselves? Well, that’s exciting, as in a live sneak interview?  What is his personal view on smoking and drinking? We said he’s certainly hot, what does he think of that? Ask him perhaps what his pet peeves are. Does he resent being compared to another celebrity or to a smoldering cigar? We hope his answer will be a self-effacing “Not at all.” However, if he does, you know we always have our option to rasp poetic “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?” (William Shakespeare Sonnet 1564-1616)

No comments:

Post a Comment